The Teacher of German as a Foreign Language will be required to teach throughout the English Secondary School.
The Teacher of German as a Foreign Language will be required to teach throughout the English Secondary School. A key aim will be the preparation of students for the UK I/GCSE and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. Students are also prepared for the Deutsche Sprachdiplom examinations.
The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner who is committed to enabling each child to achieve the highest possible standards. S/he will be responsible for delivering, with skill and dedication, the taught German language programme within the English Secondary Department. Experience in an international context is desirable.
· Teaching qualification and suitable academic qualifications in the subject area
· 3 years, or more, teaching experience preferred
· Excellent English speaker with sound written and oral communication skills (native speaker level)
· Excellent German speaker with sound written and oral communication skills (level equivalent to at least C1 of the CEFR)
· Culturally sensitive, tolerant and patient
· Positive work ethic
· Positive, proactive and independent work ethic
· Experience of, or knowledge of, the IB Diploma
· Willingness to contribute to overseas trips, including a language exchange programme, as needed
1. Staatsexamen (Lehramt)
2. Staatsexamen (Lehramt)
Deutsch als Fremdsprache (DaF)
GSIS offers an excellent working environment in an international school within a dynamic community. You will be working with excellent students. Our employees work in a “high trust” environment where they are afforded responsibility without being micro-managed. Professional development and continuous learning are actively encouraged and supported. We welcome candidates who show a commitment to continuous professional development and are willing to contribute to wider school activities.
Further information on the school, its facilities and programmes is available on the school’s website www.gsis.edu.hk. Applicants not invited for interview after four weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
GSIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Full background checks will be conducted to safeguard all students at GSIS.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume via the GSIS online recruitment portal (https://www.gsis.edu.hk/careers/job-openings/) to the Director of Human Resources.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf lehrer-weltweit.de. Vielen Dank!