August 17th, 2020
To extend our team, we are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic preschool teacher for our German Immersion Preschool classes. The ideal candidate will create a warm and fun environment and incorporate educational programs that assist in our children’s development. The Preschool Teacher is a team player and will work in a group with another preschool teacher and a maximum of 16 students ages 2-5 who have not yet entered Kindergarten. They will be responsible for monitoring and teaching children in our program and developing curricular units. As an integral part of GISC’s Preschool Team, this person will develop a strong understanding of GISC, its mission, philosophy, values, and goals, and support the Preschool Team. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about preschoolers, their needs and learning, gets to know their families, represents the school to visitors, and is passionate about assisting students’, parents’, and visitors’ needs. This person reports directly to the Head of Preschool and indirectly to the School Director, and will work collaboratively with other faculty and staff members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set up classrooms to meet the children’s needs
- In collaboration with another Preschool Teacher, develop and plan (IB) units and activities for the class
- Manage day-to-day classroom activities, including structured lessons, free play, art and music projects, snack/lunch time, and rest time
- Work with children in groups or one on one, depending on the needs of the children and the subject matter
- Execute effective classroom management
- Teach students the required material and instill a love of learning
- Exercise patience to provide the support, nurturing, and attention each individual student requires
- Develop and maintain regular communication and create a constructive and positive relationship with children, parents, and staff members of GISC
- Conduct regular observations and write evaluations about the children’s progress
- Write monthly parent letters and develop student portfolios
- Hold parent meetings
- Participate in and help at school events
- Periodically work an extended and/or flexible schedule to meet the demands of the school (e.g., during parent meetings)
- Perform related duties as assigned
August 17th, 2020
40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience working with children in a classroom setting (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German (bilingual German-English preferred)
- Dependability, reliability, and confidentiality
- Patience, creativity, and physical stamina
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and willingness to pitch in to get things done
- Caring and nurturing attitude
- Experience with MS Office programs
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US (preferred); submit to a criminal background check upon hire
Vorschule und Kindergarten
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
Include health, dental, and vision insurance, generous vacation days, and a 401k
About the School
The German International School Chicago (GISC) is a private, nonprofit, bilingual IB World School. Since opening its doors in 2009, GISC has grown to over 150 students from Preschool through Grade 8. The school intends to grow to the completion of high school.
GISC’s curriculum is taught mainly in German with an intercultural approach. Low student-teacher ratios enable students to learn in a supportive and individualized environment that nurtures curiosity and creativity while fostering global awareness. GISC students – fluent in German and English – will become well-rounded, creative, responsible, and tolerant global citizens. GISC welcomes students of all backgrounds and nationalities. The current student body represents 43 nationalities with over 30 languages spoken at home.
To apply, send a cover letter, resumé and other supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
GISC is an equal opportunity employer.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf lehrer-weltweit.de. Vielen Dank!