The German International School Sydney is a small international school offering a bilingual education programme (German and English) from Preschool to the IB Diploma. We are seeking an experienced IB Maths and Science Teacher for our Senior Secondary School (IB Diploma Programme) and Junior Secondary School (combined NSW and German curriculum).
Ideally, we are looking for a Maths and Science teacher who has prior experience teaching IB Maths and IB Chemistry or IB Physics or IB Biology.
The language of instruction for Yrs 5-12 Maths and Biology is both German and English (offering classes in both languages), whilst Chemistry and Physics are taught only in English from Yrs 5-12. Therefore, depending on the candidate’s subject combination and teaching allocation, bilingual English/German language abilities are a value-added skill for this position but are not essential.
Key descriptors and skills:
• Demonstrated effectiveness and experience as a teacher for secondary students.
• Being an internationally minded, flexible team player with a growth mindset who will contribute positively and collaboratively to a multi-disciplinary teaching team.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues.
• Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development and continuous school improvement activities, and other professional opportunities.
• Being committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population in a bilingual, international and inclusive, non-selective learning environment.
• Endorse and promote our school’s philosophical guiding statements to support our values, ethos, mission and vision.
Applicants are required to have (or be eligible for):
• current NESA teacher accreditation,
• the right to work in Australia or, eligible for a work visa.
2. Staatsexamen (Lehramt)
Dem 2. Staatsexamen (Lehramt) vergleichbarer, anerkannter Abschluss
This position will commence in January 2020. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position through our website
Applications open – until a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our school.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf lehrer-weltweit.de. Vielen Dank!