We are looking for a new teammember: to extend our bilingual programme we are looking for a qualified English language/homeroom teacher for our primary school. We are the german section of the CAIS Changchun American International School. We teach according to the German curriculum
• maintaining a personal and professional commitment to the school’s mission and philosophy
• maintaining professional ethical standards in all areas, particularly confidentiality
• ensuring consistent implementation of school policies and procedures relating to the curriculum
• compiling accurate reports for all students, twice a year
• work collaboratively with others to develop effective professional relationships
• communicate effectively with parents with regards to pupils’ achievements and well-being using school systems/processes as appropriate
• collaborating in making this school a truly bilingual learning environment
• make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
• teaching according to the german curriculum Mathematics, Science as part of the Topic No Subject Program, home room teacher (if needed) and collaborate with the German colleagues on a daily basis: Preparation of topics, methods and strategies of teaching and learning
• Using a range and balance of teaching strategies
• Use grouping strategies using a variety of different learning situations
• Viewing students as thinkers with their own emerging theories
• building on what students bring to the learning experience in the way of prior understanding, knowledge and skills
• using a variety of resources representing multiple perspectives
• empowering students to feel responsible and to take action, involving students
• maintaining constant awareness of the needs of any children to whom English is a second or even a third or fourth language
• delivering the curriculum as relevant to the age and subject/s that you teach
• being aware of students’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and planning teaching and differentiation as appropriate
• Ensuring the documentation of curricula units and lesson plans on the platform and within the timelines set forth by the administration
Professional management of self, planning and reflection:
• Work, support, liaise and plan as necessary, with specialist staff, support teachers and the PYP coordinator.
• Plan, in line with the internal calendar, to meet deadlines.
• Ensure that weekly planning is available and long term schemes of work are planned for the year.
• Ensure that you take part in collaborative planning, when required.
• Provide a stimulating, challenging and attractively arranged classroom, with displays that reflect the work that is being done.
• Develop additional resources to supplement existing ones and for differentiation.
• Remember that you are a teacher of English first and create resources facilitating the acquisition of English. eg. Word Banks etc.
• Ensure that you become familiar with the use of the Smart board, Macbook and iPads and use it
• Use the appropriate resources for the students in your class from what is available, and promote the care and respect for all materials we use in school.
• Maintain good relationships with students and exercising appropriate authority
• Be a role model and demonstrate the school` values proactively
• Have high expectations of behavior, promoting self-control and independence of all learners
• Be responsible for the supervision of the students at break and lunchtimes and carry out any other duties as agreed with the Principal.
• Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for students and monitoring students’ progress and levels
• Making accurate and productive use of assessment to secure students’ progress
• Give students regular feedback
• Use relevant data to monitor progress, set targets, and plan subsequent lessons
two years, possibility of contract extension
Name of role & job purpose:
• Elementary english language teacher (and homeroom teacher, if needed)
• The job holder’s key accountability will be to deliver the Primary Years Program (German Curriculum) at the designated grade level (K-5) / subject area, within the values, beliefs and philosophy of the school and the DISC Curriculum: Topics NO Subjects, bilingual approach (willingness to teach with a co teacher (team teaching), age mixed classroom, inquiry approach, student oriented!
• Willingness to learn about and to study the german curriculum
Ideal Qualities of a primary school teacher:
• Personal and intellectual qualities required to set examples to others.
• Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
• Willingness to work in a multilingual team and to plan, prepare and discuss teaching matters with others. Ready for team teaching.
• Flexibility, drive, energy and enthusiasm.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Three years of full-time recent teaching experience, preferably at an international school and in the subject area for which the application is being made
• Bachelor’s degree or Master degree in the field of instruction for positions in grades K-through 4
• Knowledge of modern teaching methods, IT knowledge and knowledge how to use IT also online-teaching
• English Native Speaker or Nativ Speaker level
• German language an asset, otherwise willingness and ability to learn German language
• IB PYP experience an asset
Dem 2. Staatsexamen (Lehramt) vergleichbarer, anerkannter Abschluss
Please send your CV, application and references to
Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org and
excecutive assistant: email@example.com
Bitte beziehen Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf lehrer-weltweit.de. Vielen Dank!