Corporate General Manager
The German International School Sydney (GISS) seeks an experienced General Manager to work collaboratively, as a key member of the school leadership team, to provide strategic vision, leadership and management of the ongoing development and sustainability of the school.
GISS is an international school with around 350 students offering a bilingual education program (German and English). It is registered by NESA in NSW and accredited by the Federal Republic of Germany as a ‘German School Abroad’ and offers tuition from Preschool to the bilingual IB-Diploma. The school has a rich history of quality education and provides a fulfilling workplace for its staff.
You will be our ideal candidate if you have:
- In-depth experience in financial and organisational management based on an appropriate tertiary qualification (such as Business Management, Accounting, Economics)
- Demonstrated ability to work at an executive level including board reporting and leadership of a multidisciplinary team to achieve strategic and operational outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels of the organisation and externally in writing and verbally. This includes an ability to effectively negotiate and resolve conflict, motivate and engage stakeholders and engender collaboration that delivers results
- A track record of success in project management of facilities / capital projects
- Experience in effective risk management including Work Health and Safety, and financial responsibility
- Sound judgement and the ability to use initiative and innovative thinking in dealing with a range of issues in a sensitive and consistent manner
You would be even more likely to thrive in this position if you have:
- An understanding of Corporations Law, including regulations relating to Not-for-Profit and governance processes
- Experience in the education sector including an understanding of legislative requirements, particularly State and Federal Government policy and funding arrangements
- Had success in obtaining government funding
- Experience in leading and implementing quality processes and strategies throughout an organisation
- Fluency in the German language
- To take up the role you will also need to meet the requirements for:
- NSW working with children check
- Right to work in Australia (or obtaining a work visa)
This position will be available from 1 July 2019. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 2 June 2019.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf lehrer-weltweit.de. Vielen Dank!