The Representative of the Board is a full-time position who reports to the German School Association Manila, assumes certain Board-assigned tasks, and provides proactive support to all Board members (who serve in a voluntary capacity with associated time constraints). The Representative of the Board, who does not have any supervisory or disciplinary powers, will act as a focal point of contact for the School principal and head of administration. As the Representative will be closely involved in the operational activities of the School, he/she will be able to accelerate necessary decisions where Board involvement is required.
• Proactively participates and represents the Board in various school committees (e.g. Steering group, HR Committee) and thereby secures an effective cooperation between School principal, administration and the Board
• Advises the Board in all matters of concern and prepares necessary Board resolutions and information papers
• Participates in all Board meetings without voting rights
• Promotes closer collaboration between School management, administration and the Board
• Is a member of all Board sub-committees and thereby contributes to a reliable and effective communication between committees
• Monitors all relevant Board tasks in terms of priorities and timelines
• Prepares Board meetings and relevant decisions
• Prepares the Annual General Meeting
• Coordinate closely with all stakeholders on the execution of the School strategy
• Is responsible for the financial controlling of the School
• Is authorized to enter into contracts when authorized by the Board on its behalf
• Represents the Board externally
• Contributes to the network of German schools abroad in the area of financial planning and controlling
• Conducts regular communications with the board of the Lycée Francais de Manille on the joint planning for the Euro Campus, including preparing relevant decisions for the Joint Advisory Committee (JAC)
• Works closely with all relevant stakeholders to develop a marketing strategy which effectively positions the School and its newly developed strategy in the local context
Ende April 2019
Die Arbeitszeiten sind 7:30 - 15:30 Uhr oder nach Absprache.
• Master's Degree or University degree, or equivalent, in Education Science, School Management or Business Administration, Economics and Finance; and at least 10 years of work experience in a corporate, non-profit or public sector context with progressive leadership experience including responsibility for staff supervision
• At least 10 years of relevant experience with track record in managing complex tasks in a multi-stakeholder environment, as well as change management principles and techniques.
• Several years of experience and familiarity with the structure and principles of the German Schools Abroad system
• Strong experience in organizational leadership
• Skilled in project management and functional and technical implementation.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English and German. Conversational French would be viewed as an additional asset.
• International experience working in several countries and cultural contexts.
• Proposes effective services and solutions to the Board beyond presenting issues and past challenges
• Gains respect for the breadth and depth of expertise demonstrated in effectively managing diverse stakeholder situations
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
• Resolves situations where school needs are not being met
• Sought out for guidance and experience in overcoming the most challenging situations
• Draws on long-term relationships with stakeholders to help plan for and achieve results
• Commits to delivering timely and high-quality work to assist in the School’s success
• Develops and maintains good internal and external peer and senior level relationships
• Helps to understand common features to build rapport and overcome challenges
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
• Provides stakeholders with the level and quality of information required to achieve outcomes
Innovation and Change
• Includes the core benefits and reasons for change when developing comprehensive change roll out plans
• Influences and persuades decision makers by presenting business cases supporting the proposed changes
• The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors of the German School Association Manila
• The successful applicant will be offered a one-year contract which is expected to commence in August 2019 and which may be extended by mutual consent
• A detailed annual work program with specific expected outputs and key performance indicators will be developed
• The leadership of the school remains with the School principal and the Representative of the Board has no supervisory authority vis-à-vis the School management
There will be an interesting package consisting of a local basic salary, an addidtional Euro-allowance, flight allowances, housing allowing , and other benefits.
Extensive information about GESM can be found on the school's website.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications together with a cover letter explaining their motivation, relevant experience, and other relevant information with a comprehensive CV and references to email@example.com
Bitte beziehen Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf lehrer-weltweit.de. Vielen Dank!